2016/11/23

Итали: Альберобелло & хилэнц


 

It's been a month since I got back from my Italy trip, and I miss it soooo much. Now, even what happened in Alberobello seems good. And what happened is this:

........................

So here I am in this cute little trullo in a cute, little, fairytale-like Alberobello. The day was good, the weather was good and the supper was good. Actually, the supper was finger-licking delicious and very late. But anyway, finally I am in my trullo room – happy, tired and about to go to bed. The perfect moment to find a scorpion on my pillow! I have no idea about scorpions’ growth stages, but this one seems to be a baby or a toddler because, first of all, it’s very silly – otherwise why would it get on my pillow?! Secondly, it’s about half the length of my little finger, and thirdly, it’s more transparent than white – I can see what’s inside. Up till that moment I thought scorpions were black but somehow in a flash I realized that scorpions are white when they are little... or maybe panic made me remember a long-forgotten biology lesson that I didn’t pay much attention to back in school.

Anyway, here is a scorpion, and here is me panicking. It’s around midnight and I can’t call reception because there is no phone in my authentic trullo. I can’t go to reception because they told me they close at 9pm. And I can’t call other members of my group for help, because I don’t know where their trulli are – we were placed in different trulli all over the historic centre.

So I just stand there staring at my pillow when suddenly I notice that the silly-baby-scorpion is not moving. So I get this hope that it’s dead! Which is quickly replaced by fear – why would a scorpion get on my pillow and die? What’s wrong with this pillow?! So I try to figure out which is worse – to have a dead scorpion on a deadly pillow, or to have a safe, secure pillow with a live scorpion on it. I know, this does not make much sense... and now I know how panic makes me think.

........................

Well, to cut a long story short, I used my older sister’s method of getting rid of unwelcome creatures: I put a glass on the scorpion, slid a notebook with a hard cover under it, and then quickly took it outside. The hardest part was not to scream and drop the glass right there and then when the scorpion started running inside the glass in panic (and now I know how scorpions act in panic).

Did you know that scorpions are very fast? When I released it, it was gone the second it hit the ground! I even looked around trying to see where it went, but nope... Standing there under the yellow light of an old street lamp... it was all so surreal...

The next day when I told everyone about my last night’s dealings with the scorpion, the first question I got asked was “Did you take its photo on your iphone?" But the thought didn’t even cross my mind, not even for a fraction of a nanosecond… What can I say? I am still learning how to react to baby scorpions in this modern world of iphones.


 

Вернулась из моей первой поездки в страну олив и пасты. За восемь дней объехала тринадцать городов Южной Италии. Расспросив про мое путешествие, учитель итальянского воскликнул: “Мамма мия! Это же камикадзе-тур ! Я все понимаю, мы в Токио живем, но зачем же и в Италии так?!” В чем-то он прав...

А больше всего мне понравился маленький белый Локоротондо. Хочу туда снова, и не на три-четыре дня, а на три-четыре месяца. Потому что тихо, сонно, по-старчески умиротворенно и по-детски улыбчиво... Все таки понимаю, как я изменилась или устала что-ли от работы... Но лет десять назад меня никакими коврижками не заманили бы в сельскую тьмутаракань вроде Локоротондо... А теперь очень даже хочется куда-нибудь, где тихо, спокойно, чисто и изредка слышен колокол церкви или храма.

А ночью, в сказочном, милом Альберобелло обнаружила на подушке маленького скорпиона. Не осведомлена о быстроте роста скорпионов, но, наверное, он был младенцем, так как был глупым (иначе, зачем ко мне на подушку?), был величиной с полпальца и был белым, вернее прозрачным – были видны внутренности. Запаниковала, но никого позвать не могу – телефона то нет, я же в аутентичной трулло... С аутентичным-же, надо думать, скорпиончиком.

Ресепшн давно закрыт, других из нашей группы расселили в труллы по всему историческому центру. Вариант стучания в двери с мольбой о помощи мозг отмел, и потому пришлось обратиться к старому доброму методу выпроваживания неугодных насекомых с помощью стакана и плотной тетради. А скорпионы, оказываются, очень быстро двигаются. Казалось, только упал на землю, а уже и нет его... В отблеске света старого фонаря все это было немного сюр...

На следующее утро рассказала о ночном приключении и у меня тут же потребовали фото на айфоне. А у меня и мысли, даже наносекундной мысли...

 

4 comments:

Piglet said...

Сайхан атаархтал амраад иржээ. Хүнд амралт их чухал гэдгийг мэддэг мөртлөө биелүүлж амжихгүй л явна. Итали хэлний багш яг оноод хэлчихэж хэхэ.

Сүрэн said...

>Piglet
Амрах хэрэгтэй шүү :)
Жилд ядаж нэг, хоёр удаа Японоос холдож нэг тийш явахгүй бол кэцү санагдаад байдаг...

Anonymous said...

teer jil italy yavahad ingej huduu tosgodoor hesdeg baij dee. roma firenze orool tegeel butsaad irsen. aa tiim chianti vineyard orsiim bna.

Сүрэн said...

>Anonymous
Би харин дараагийн удаа хойд зүгийн хотуудаар нэг сайхан явна даа... гээд л мөрөөдөөд байгаа :)